Academic Connections, UC San Diego - NOW CLOSED FOR APPLICATIONS - OPEN FOR APPLICATIONS, SUMMER 2017 (JULY 9-29, 2017) THE WEEK OF DECEMBER 12, 2016
Academic Connections provides an opportunity for high school students with a 3.3 (or above) weighted cumulative GPA to get a jump start on the college experience. We invite students to explore the best UCSD has to offer. In Session I, students choose one of approximately 25, three-week courses offered. Classes meet five hours a day, with a maximum of 22 students per class, to ensure quality interaction with instructors and instructional assistants. Academic Connections instructors are typically UCSD doctoral students who design and instruct the course. This engaging combination brings freshness and excitement to the classes.
A large part of the college experience for students is living on campus in the residence hall, which enables them to see first hand what it is like living on a college campus. As a residential student, the student has many opportunities to participate in activities in the afternoon, early evening and weekends. These activities include sports, arts and crafts, music, dances, talent shows and more. Participants are enabled to take advantage of the resources the beautiful UCSD campus has to offer. The resident halls are staffed with an experienced and trained Resident Dean, Assistant Resident Dean, office staff and residential assistants who provide supervision 24 hours per day, 7 days a week.
Some Advantages for Attending UCSD Academic Connections
- College-level academic, residential and extracurricular activities
- Exposure and access to state-of-the-art courses, technology and facilities
- Earn college prep units and recognition for program participation on college admission applications
- Study with other like-minded academic students from all over the country and the world
- SAT preparation (for an additional fee)
- Application deadline June 16, 2017 (or until course is full)
- Student Notification - within five working days after receipt of required documentation
Learn About the Application Process