2016 Course Offerings
Academic Connections courses are selected to represent some of the most exciting fields of research UCSD has to offer in the physical and social sciences, engineering, and arts and humanities. All courses are challenging and place emphasis on active learning and putting knowledge to use in independent and creative ways.
Experience has proven the most productive classrooms are characterized by:
- Selecting motivated students
- Encouraging active student participation
- Setting high expectations for student performance
- Ensuring low student/instructor ratios
- Hiring faculty who are well versed in their fields
- Allowing flexible instruction
Students are encouraged to carefully review the complete course description section prior to selecting the one course they will study for the three-week session. Some courses have prerequisites. It's the student's responsibility to meet the prerequisite requirement.
As you consider each of the courses, ask yourself these three questions:
- Am I eligible (prepared) to take this course?
- Does this course fit into my academic interest?
- Have I fulfilled the prerequisite for the course?
Each student that completes the program will be given a Certificate of Participation and can earn six units of UCSD Extension credit. An unofficial transcript will be available to each student at the end of the program on-line through their MyExtension account and official transcripts available to send for college applications for an additional fee. Although most colleges will accept appropriate UCSD Extension credits, the decision to accept the transfer of credits rests solely with the college you attend.
Learn About the Application Process