Department: Music/Computer Science
- Professional Background
- Teaching Experience
- Awards & Achievements
Grady Kestler is a MFA student at the University of California, San Diego. He received his BA in Music/Interdisciplinary Computer and the Arts, with a Minor in Computer Science at UCSD.
Since 2013 to present, he works in Software Development at the Qualcomm Institute (formerly CALIT2) at UC San Diego, where he worked under Professor Shahrokh Yadegari, packaging MUGIC Protocol for use with the virtual realty system; built user interfaces in C++ and Objective C for Mac OS X app release; and programmed interconnectivity between MUGIC Protocol and third party applications such as Qlab.
He worked as a live Audio/Video Technician at University Centers from 2011-2014, where he served as the front of the house audio technician for on campus events, working with a variety of musicians and musical styles.
- BA in Music/Indisciplinary Computing and the Arts, Minor in Computer Science, University of California, San Diego
- MFA in Theater and Dance, Sound Design, University of California, San Diego (in progress)
- Programming experience in Java, C, C++, Objective C, Python, HTML, CSS, PHP, Mysql Databases, MATLAB.
- Extensive knowledge of Pro Tools, Reason, Qlab and Logic Pro.
- Musically diverse: plays violin, viola, guitar, banjo, bass, drums, mandolin and keyboard.
Grady was a music teacher at the La Jolla Piano Institute, working closely with young students, teaching them guitar and violin. He has also served as a Resident Assistant for Sixth College Residential Life at UC San Diego, from 2010-2013, where he planned educational programs focussing on social justice issues; performed administrative tasks and implemented and enforced Sixth College rules of policies. Grady also have served as a Resident Assistant in the Academic Connections Program at UC San Diego for several years.
Awards & Achievements
- Outstanding Service to Residential Life, Sixth College at UCSD - 2013, for demonstrating devoted involvement and significant service in helping improve and progress residential life in Sixth College.
- San Diego's Best New Artist Award 2013 - As part of the band, Soda Pants, for becoming well known in the San Diego music scene during the 2012-2013 year.